5 Vital Rights You MUST know if Facing Arrest By The Police
Are you or anyone you know, facing arrest by the police?
Use this information to protect your rights if arrested by the police.
Rights and Laws You Must Know To Protect Yourself If Facing Arrest By The Police
- You have the Right to know the reason for the arrest. Under Section 50 of the Criminal Procedure Code, the Police has to inform you of the grounds of arrest, else the arrest is considered as illegal.
- You have the Right to remain silent. It is also called as Right against self-incrimination. Remember, this is a Constitutional Right provided in Article 20 of the Constitution.
- You have the Right to inform a family member, a relative or friend of your arrest. This is also provided Under Section 50 of the Criminal Procedure Code
- You have the Right to be medically examined when arrested, to prove that you have not committed the offence that you have been accused of.
- You have the Right to be produced in front of the magistrate within 24 hours of arrest. Otherwise, the arrest will be considered as an illegal arrest and you can be released under Section 167 Criminal procedure code.
I hope you like and have found 5 Vital Rights You MUST know if Facing Arrest By The Police useful
Please share with friends and relatives. You never know who could be benefitted by this information.
Kindness costs nothing.
Adv. Sidharth Arora
Supreme Court of India
DISCLAIMER: Through this article, we wish to help those who are in genuine need of help and are willing to understand the law. This is not a solicitation, advertisement or a substitute of professional legal advice. It does not create any client-attorney relationship.